Post 1: Topic Proposal

Kirsten Jacobson
kirsten.jacobson123@gmail.com

Originally I was interested in studying memes related to the Muslim faith and community because I learned so much in the past section of the course and wanted to continue to educate myself on a different culture than my own. However, after further investigating religious memes I found that I was more curious to learn about memes centered around the Buddhist religion, as well as more about the Buddhist religion in general. I want to continue to broaden my knowledge on other religions by branching out from both my own personal and familiar Christian faith as well as the Muslim faith recently learned about in class. Buddhism is something that I have always admired and been curious about so I am excited to learn more about it especially through something I already enjoy, memes. Specifically I want to discover how memes challenge or promote certain stereotypes of practicing Buddhists in terms of how they view gender divisions (if any), if the socially constructed ideals of race are a factor in the community (i.e., is it assumed you are Asian if you are Buddhist) and how they view age in respect to their leaders and members of the community.

Sample Memes

                                                     Link for both memes 




Comments

  1. Where are your example of meme images?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also please provide a more thorough explanation of your proposed case study if you wish to receive credit for this posting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post 3: Identity

Post 2: How Memes Present Features of Religion